Howdy! My name is Tammy. I’m a geeky game artist and animator living life one dinosaur drawing at a time in sunny Burbank, California.
I'm lover of owls, sharks, and Han Solo.
My Portfolio - TammyOnTwos
Our Studio - Atomic Ginger
★ ★ ★
★ Wanna Help? ★
Like what I do? Feel free to treat me to a nice cup of weaponized caffeine.
(Or you can donate something to our indie studio from our Amazon Wishlist)
Long Story Short: You stole my art, used it for commercial purposes, and won’t even respond to my polite inquiries.
Financial and legal complications aside, I hope you understand that you’ve taken away my personal voice and ownership as a fellow content creator. Without my permission or knowledge, you’ve taken my work out of context to use for your own agenda, leaving me no control over how my work is seen or used. I found myself surprised to be incidentally supporting and endorsing a campaign I had no prior knowledge about.
Content is gifted, donated, licensed, commissioned, and purchased. It should NOT be stolen.
On one hand, it’s super cool to know that my art was in a TedTalk. (!!!) But on the other hand, you googled “Princess Daphne”, downloaded my fan artwork from my own blog website, removed the background & signature, placed it into a branding logo, and continued to use this stolen work even AFTER raising $150k on Kickstarter.
Ok ok, benefit of the doubt. Copyright law can be complicated. Maybe you thought that any images on Google must be free to use however you want. Honest mistake, no harm no foul?
Except that I (and several of your supporters) have tried to contact you to nicely resolve this via your website, Twitter, and even Kickstarter. Unfortunately, there’s been no response from you of any kind. I’d assume you were away from the computer, except you’ve still been actively engaging on social media during this time.
Honestly, I don’t have the time/energy at the moment to try to get you to notice me. I do hope one day you’ll attempt to resolve this situation, and fully understand why stealing is not only morally wrong, but also detrimental to content creators of all mediums.
I’d still really like to resolve this issue, so I hope you find the time and consideration to one day respond to the original letter I sent you, re-posted below.
Hello. I am the professional artist who painted the Princess Daphne image that Feminist Frequency/Tropes vs Women has been using as part of their logo and branding in several places online.
Here’s one of several online examples: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/566429325/tropes-vs-women-in-video-games
My original artwork is here: http://atomicginger.blogspot.com/2009/05/princess-daphne.html
I don’t have a record of licensing this image to Feminist Frequency for commercial use. Do you have any relevant paperwork showing that your company has legitimately licensed this image, and that this is a simple misunderstanding instead of intentional copyright infringement?
Since you state in interviews that the video series infringing on my copyrighted work is non-profit: do you also have valid proof of 501(c)3 status, or a transparent breakdown showing that the Kickstarter campaign’s net earnings (including derivative opportunities such as paid speaking engagements & site donations) are not being used to benefit any private shareholder or individual.
I don’t mean to be harsh, but content creation is how I make my living and professional reputation. I typically do not license my work or lend endorsement in situations where there isn’t the utmost transparency. I would greatly appreciate a speedy response (within 24 hours) so we can proceed to resolve this situation.
Thanks for your time,
(FYI, letter is based on these open source letters, and remains open source for anyone who it might help. Feel free to use.)
- queendratini likes this
- iplemons likes this
- grimvaar likes this
- puertopanamaicanindu likes this
- superscinic likes this
- darklitskyes reblogged this from yalestewart
- darklitskyes likes this
- carmenlim0104 likes this
- doctorgood likes this
- nothingbutanuisance likes this
- fs10inator reblogged this from frydawolff
- bootlegger85 likes this
- squeakypickles07 likes this
- follownaoly likes this
- thedomainofbluedude likes this
- katiesoze likes this
- palavenblues reblogged this from donquixote-coraz0n
- palavenblues likes this
- donquixote-coraz0n likes this
- donquixote-coraz0n reblogged this from chocobizh
- chocobizh reblogged this from cowkitty
- chocobizh likes this
- denik27 reblogged this from yalestewart
- denik27 likes this
- shou-shouyou reblogged this from hopespeaktwerkteam
- hopespeaktwerkteam reblogged this from discontent-troll
- discontent-troll reblogged this from sshof-vidya
- thelast-lostboy likes this
- mystikitten reblogged this from suburbanbeatnik
- mystikitten likes this
- stalker-magnet likes this
- ultimate-journey likes this
- sayacake likes this
- djpain619 reblogged this from nazrigar
- djpain619 likes this
- boyberry likes this
- slugiz reblogged this from pyrogoth
- ladyrarecandy reblogged this from cowkitty
- jhenne-bean likes this
- heartvice reblogged this from inkclaws
- winterleaves112 likes this
- icameforthephotos reblogged this from bevismusson
- icameforthephotos likes this
- atomscrowbar likes this
- moderately-lame-blog reblogged this from inkclaws
- nationofone likes this
- potassiumcyanide reblogged this from sshof-vidya
- philmorange likes this
- blueblotts likes this